Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Dandelion Time

I was down in Portsmouth, New Hampshire painting at a place know as Strawberry Bank Museum. It's a collection of very old buildings that form a museum. Most of the buildings have been renovated over the years. At any rate they readily let artists come in and paint. I painted this view of one of the buildings there. I captured that colonial mustard yellow color they used in colonial days. The dandelion were up in this little unobtrusive corner by the steps. I like imagining this very old house as it might have been 250 years ago. Perhaps a little child would have been picking those dandelion and running up the steps into the house to give them to Mom. Yeah, I can imagine that then, ..... or now. By the way, this painting up up for auction on ebay right now. CLICK HERE TO BID

No comments:

Post a Comment